Total Pageviews

Friday, January 27, 2012

Fried Breadfruit The Haitian way!

Growing up I really loved eating fried breadfruit as snacks. I love the crispiness of it as well as the salt. One time I was craving fried breadfruit, and I was at a supermarket I saw something that looked like it, but it was jackfruit. OMG! the smell of that thing made me wanna throw up :-(
My lovely mom bought me the breadfruit at a spanish supermarket. They are expensive $4 for that little thing. It was well worth it! When you buy it, make sure it is green!

I used to live in Antigua for Medical school. The apartment where I used to stay had a breadfruit tree. That was heaven!!! money was tight and the owner of the place would bring me breadfruit, sugar cane, conch, mangoes. OMG! I was just spoiled there. I really miss Antigua, and I hope some day I will go back there. I always visit a place once simply because there are so many countries that I would like to visit. I have been to France, London, Antigua, Dominican Republic, Aruba, Nassau Bahamas. I just love to travel.

I would love to visit Jamaica, Mexico, Brazil, Italy, Greece, and St. Lucia.

Here is the full link to the Youtube video on How to Make Fried Breadfruit The Haitian Way!

No comments:

Post a Comment